Clean Fuels / Technology
The Southeast Louisiana Clean Fuel Partnership and the US Dept. of Energy’s Alternative Fuel Data Center provide non-biased information on cleaner fuels and fuel-saving technologies to vehicle fleets that are interested in incorporating cleaner transportation into their operation. Click on the icons below for fuel-specific information including fuel characteristics, fueling infrastructure, and vehicle information.
The US Dept. of Energy’s Alternative Fuel Data Center’s Strategies to Conserve Fuel provides information to help your fleet conserve fuel and reduce fuel costs including:
- Idle Reduction: Find ways to reduce petroleum consumption and greenhouse emissions by idling less.
- Driving Behavior: Read about strategies and techniques to improve driving behavior, conserve fuel, and save money.
- Parts and Equipment: Learn about outfitting your fleet's vehicles with devices that save fuel.
- Fleet Rightsizing: Evaluate your vehicle needs to build and maintain a sustainable, fuel-efficient fleet.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Discover ways to improve your fleet's fuel economy through regular vehicle maintenance.
- Transportation System Efficiency: Find ways to conserve fuel by reducing vehicle miles traveled and improving transportation system efficiency.